About JB Bane & Company
Our business was started in 1954 by JD and Gwen Bane. JD, an electrical contractor, soon found himself working in a number of other areas related to the electrical field, such as pumps, heating and appliance repair.
Gwen kept the books for the business. By 1962 the business had grown, with several employees, and needed more space and a store front.
The present store building was purchased that year, and has been built onto three times over the years, as the business grew. JB “Bret” Bane, JD and Gwen’s son, started working in the business as a child. His wife Jane started working in the store and helping with the bookkeeping in 1982.
In 1993, Bret and Jane bought the business and continue the tradition, now in their 25th year of operation.